Ministry of Education and Research
PO Box 8119 Dep
The responsibilities of the Ministry of Education and Research are:
- Primary and lower secondary education, day-care facilities for school children and resource centres for special education.
- Upper secondary education, i.e. schooling and on-the-job training at workplaces.
- Institutions of higher education, the State Educational Loan Fund and student grants.
- Lifelong learning in all areas of education through various providers.
- Research matters between ministries, basic allocations to the Research Council of Norway, research institutions.
- International programmes and institutions, Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
- Negotiations concerning employees of the school system and subordinate agencies, personnel and trade union matters, IT in education and gender equality.
- Administrative tasks, budget and accounts.
Return to members contact listing
Back to top